Coronavirus in Michigan
In light of the coronavirus pandemic, the Lebanese American Club of Michigan is committed to sharing information to our communities about the emergence of the coronavirus (COVID-19) in Michigan. The latest updates are available on the CDC and State of Michigan websites.
The Lebanese American Club of Michigan has also launched a Business Directory to support small businesses owned and operated by Lebanese Americans. We encourage our members and supporters to support these businesses during these trying times.
What State Officials Are Doing
- The first confirmed cases of the coronavirus (COVID-19) in Michigan were identified in two residents from Oakland and Wayne counties.
- Governor Gretchen Whitmer has declared a state of emergency to maximize efforts and slow the spread of the virus.
- The Michigan Department of Health and Human Services has set up a web page to provide latest updates on the spread of the coronavirus.
- Michigan officials have also set up an email distribution list for latest updates on the state's response.
Steps to Prevent Illness
- Clean your hands often, washing with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have been in a public place.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick, and stay home if you are sick, except to get medical care.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue and throw used tissues in the trash.
- Regularly monitor yourself for signs of fever or other symptoms.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily.
The information contained on this web site is intended for the purpose of general information and should not substitute the advice of healthcare professionals.